Wednesday, August 26, 2009

William McKinley Forbes (Daddy Forbes)

Daddy Forbes and me (Melanie Annette Forbes) at the little trailor on Hoot Owl Road in Estatoe, NC. Probably about 1973-74.



Daddy Forbes at Christmas. The children of Paul and Elsie Forbes used to gather every year at my mom and dad's house (Gary and Joan Forbes) at 151 Pendley Road - Spruce Pine, NC. What a blessing it was that we had those times and that a few of the great-grandchildren remember Daddy and Mama Forbes.



Me with Daddy and Mama Forbes at their Estatoe trailor.



Daddy Forbes with a fish that he had caught.



Daddy and Mama Forbes at home in Estatoe. She was always so jolly and I absolutely loved being with her. The memories of the things we did and the stories she told... while very few... are treasures I hold in my heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment